Global Voices Film Festival, presented by USNC for UN Women San Francisco, seeks to empower women by showcasing films that spotlight the unique voices, stories and experiences of women. We are emphasizing films by female producers, directors and/or writers, or protagonists. Films by non- female filmmakers, which specifically focus on women’s stories or experiences, will also be considered. We accept all domestic and international film submissions that meet the above criteria.
- February 28th – Early Deadline
- March 31st – Regular Deadline
- April 30th – Late Deadline
- July 1st – Notification Deadline
- September 16th – Event
Awards & Prizes
- Awards & Prizes will be announced closer to the film festival.
Rules & Terms
- Submitters must be 18 years of age or older (or have their film submitted by a parent/guardian).
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Global Voices, San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
- In submitting, you grant the Festival the right to screen your submission at the San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival at no charge to the festival.
- Foreign language films will only be accepted if they have been dubbed into English or subtitled in English.
- We do not accept works-in-progress and will not update a submission with a more recent cut. Please do not submit your film until it is complete.
- Festival times are subject to delay or change.
- If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
- Accepted films will be provided with technical specifications for exhibition copies upon acceptance. Feature length films must be available at no cost to the festival as to comply with requested technical specifications, to be determined by Festival.
- By submitting a film, the submitter grants the Global Voices, San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival the right to utilize any image and/or excerpt of three (3) minutes or less from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival, for general promotional purposes both for the Festival and for the US National Committee (USNC) for UN Women, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening in the U.S., and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The party submitting the film shall indemnify and hold harmless the San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- As Submitter of the Film, entrants have submitted and represent and warrant to the Global Voices, San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival that the Film and all parts thereof do not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof, and that the film submitted is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation.
- By submitting a film, the Submitter agrees to abide by these terms, rules, and guidelines.
Approximately July 1, 2017
Shorts: From 1 minutes to 41 minutes
Features: From 40 minutes to 120 minutes
No requirement for completed by date
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution